David Thomson draws upon 25 years of marketing, sales, public relations, journalism and entrepreneurship experience to steer the growth of Thomson Communications.
Before founding Thomson Communications, David spent ten years at Verizon Wireless (and its legacy companies). While at Verizon Wireless, he held positions in sales, marketing and senior regional management, including Director of Marketing for New England—with responsibility for all marketing, public relations, advertising, promotion, and events.
Whether providing strategic counsel to executives and clients, pitching media, negotiating sponsorships, planning special events, developing marketing campaigns, or implementing program tactics, Thomson invests an array of talents to create award-winning campaigns that meet and exceed client expectations. Thomson and his team work to develop unique programs to differentiate clients, regardless of industry. In addition, he has realized success at negotiating large-scale sponsorships, as well as supportive agreements to assist non-profit organizations that often do not have necessary capital to orchestrate large budget activities.
Thomson speaks regularly to groups on a range of industry-related topics such as public relations, entrepreneurship, business strategy, marketing, and communications. He also serves as a professor at Salem State University, teaching a course in Media Relations to students in the Communications Department majoring in Public Relations.
Thomson serves on boards and committees for the following organizations as one way to give back:
- Alzheimer’s Association, Massachusetts/New Hampshire Chapter – Leadership Council Member. Served on the Association’s annual ‘Make The Link’ golf tournament committee for fifteen years, the last ten as Chair. In 2004 Thomson received the prestigious Myer Saxe Award from the Alzheimer’s Association in recognition of his outstanding leadership on behalf of people with Alzheimer’s disease and their families.
- Danvers Community YMCA – Board Member
- Employers Against Domestic Violence – Board Member
- Town of Danvers – School Committee Member
Thomson is also a member of the following business organizations:
- North Shore Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Beverly Chamber of Commerce
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
- Publicity Club of New England, serving as a judge for the annual Bell Ringer Awards for many years
Thomson earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in business management from Salem State College; a Master’s degree in public relations from Emerson College; and has received a certificate in Meeting Management from Bentley College.